Sunday, November 21, 2021

A THANKFUL Filled November

 Here we are - the weekend before Thanksgiving, the Sunday of Thanksgiving week. It's been a lovely month filled with friends, family, birthdays, a little travel and a lot of time at home (best part!).

Amelia and I both celebrated birthdays. I made her a "happy cake" dress. She loves telling (and showing) the world that she is THREE!


My Cute Husband and I traveled to MD for a week, early in the month. The weather was a little chilly!! He went to a couple of hockey games - Go CAPS! I went to a guild retreat and sewed and snacked and caught up with friends. Some I had not seen in a few years.

I finished this top - still needs a name and a border.



My best BEE-mates helped me celebrate turning 65! There was a cupcake and surprises and singing. I do LOVE having women friends.


As we headed back home to FL, I napped and knitted on a pair of socks. This yarn was a deep stash dive from several (many?) years ago. It was a Thanksgiving color theme and they are now DONE.


A week's worth of hand knit socks were worn on our trip. They've been washed, hung to dry and are now back in the drawer, awaiting the little bit of chilly weather we might get this week.


I finished a baby quilt. This is called Arkansas Traveler and is an Accucut BOB die. The blocks were all made scrappy from leftovers. I had enough '30's for the border and a nice chunk for the back.  It's DONE and ready for a springtime baby.


I did not get Amelia's birthday sweater finished on time (or even started). Hopefully, it will be DONE for Christmas. I have several WIPS I'm working on at the same time ... each gets a little knitting love over the course of several days. They will be completed as needed - I think!


I also finished a 96-Charm Challenge quilt. I used 2 each of novelty charms for an "I Spy/Matching" quilt. This is the EASIEST quilt ever to make ... you know - I love a big WOW with a little effort. It is NOT sewn on-point ... straight sewing, 2 specific cuts, 2 seams to put it back together and PRESTO ... 

 
Don't you just love Quilty-Magic!!

I also managed to complete my guild challenge quilt - to be revealed in January. I cranked some Christmas socks. I completed the handwork on my BOM : Trees of the Season - to be revealed when I get around to taking a photo. AND ... have made a real mess (again) in my sewing room - who is surprised?

I think Amelia summed things up best for November ... we all need to crash early.









No comments: