Sunday, January 3, 2021

20 in 2020

 A little late - its already January 3rd but I've been thinking about this post for days.

Finally, a recap of the past year. It's really 39 in 2020 but that doesn't have quite the rind to it.

January 2020

My sweet Mom - Charlotte was admitted to Hospice care (12/27/19). We were so blessed to be able to keep her at home with us. She remained lucid right up to the end. Baby Amelia came to visit every day. They shared ice cream and watched Elmo.


I finally put all my Churn Dash Swap blocks together into a top ... it's still a top.


February
My Mom died 2/2/20

My Flower Garden quilt won a ribbon in the Seaside Piecemakers Quilt show.  


In March, I made my first 2 sided quilt - A Side is Arkansas Traveler, B Side is Pinwheels. This quilt was gifted to my cousin's son when his son was born. And - Amelia was the cutest little leprechaun on St. Patrick's Day.



Masks became a THING. I made several hundred by year's end. We learned how to Social Distance. Our family bubble of 6 stayed together.


I hunkered down and sewed...


and sewed ...


and sewed ...


April - we're all still home - A LOT, finding new ways to entertain ourselves. Grandparents stepped up to help with childcare.




May
Our M&M Sew Charming group is going strong. We're stitching and staying in touch through Zoom and Facebook Live.




June
Still producing quilt tops - sometimes even quilting them!


Our family started walking at Erna Nixon Park. We averaged 4x times a week, always in the morning and then into the pool. As sappy as it sounds ... we were bonding.


July
The summer was spent in my sewing room!




and lots of family time, still walking, playing in the pool and at the beach.



August
Amelia discovered a love of chocolate CAKE! And I was still sewing.


September
We bravely ventured to Iowa and all was well.
I finished a few quilts to be gifted at Christmas.


We continued to watch Amelia grow.


And we got in some Kayaking. 


October
Time is flying! We used our Family Membership to the Brevard Zoo - several times.


I picked up my crochet hooks again. 


M&M went on a quilt retreat.


Halloween was very different this year. but still adorable.


I finished another 2-sided quilt!



November
Amelia and I celebrated our birthdays.


Knitting was becoming a bigger part of my "stay-home" life.


a lot of knitting ...


December
We continued our family tradition of decorating Christmas cookies.


We took Amelia to see a socially distanced Santa (there is photo proof somewhere!). 
She quite liked Frosty!


Christmas night - we are still keeping close to home.
Our family bubble of 6.


I'm busy trying to figure out a layout for this quilt puzzle. It's coming together slowly.
I'm really enjoying putting this together with bits and pieces.


For all the craziness of this past year - 2020 has brought me a lot of happiness. 
The year started with my Mom's passing.
As days turned into weeks, into months, our Florida family of 6 has been spending a lot of time together. Kid#2 and her husband finally got to go back to work, Amelia is in a wonderful childcare program, Kal did pretty well with virtual college (we don't talk about the English class!). I've sewed and knitted A LOT. With my pal, Marjorie, we started a very active Facebook group that seems to have met a need in our quilting community. We've not traveled as we had hoped and spend a little more time on the phone with Kid#1 - in person is of course better.

The slow pace of life has been good to me. 













 













No comments: