Tuesday, January 5, 2021

It Really Is A New Year

 There is nothing I do not love about the Holiday Season ... which for me starts just before Halloween and goes through the 1st Monday after New Year's. That's a LONG holiday season! I especially enjoy Thanksgiving Weekend - time for Christmas decorations and the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Lucy from Attic 24 calls this "Twixmas." I LOVE that. WE had busy days and slow days, even a stay-in-our-jammies day.

We got to spend a lot of time with sweet Amelia. She was helping with some quilt designing.


I've stayed current on a mystery knitalong (MKAL) from Nomadic Knits - Knitmas 2020, 12 days of knitting. To stay current, I have had to put some other things aside for a bit. Tomorrow is the last day of this project! I've used the yarn from Olive & Two Ewe 's 8 Nights of Hanukah gift box, plus a few additions. 



To wrap up the holiday season, I made My Cute Husband one of his favorite meals.

Chourico and onions served over spaghetti.

I grew up eating this Portuguese sausage ... it's VERY Newport, RI. My California husband had never even heard of it 43 years ago. It's obviously a regional thing - I could not buy this in MD (often brought it back from trips to RI and VT), but it's readily available here in Florida.
Weird!


Today it's back to our regularly scheduled programming ... whatever THAT means for 2 retired but busy people. I'm going to try and get a couple of quilts ready for the frame this week. Time to get quilting!

No comments: