Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas EVe

It's Christmas Eve! As usual - I am ready and even a bit ahead of this game. A day or 2 before Christmas and the following week, I often spend prepping for the New Year ... not "New Year's Eve" but the new year ... 2021. Along the same lines as "I like Monday's", there's something so hopeful and fresh about the start of a new year.



Everyone keeps saying it and so will I ... this year has definitely been different, a year we will all remember. Somethings stay forever the same. This is still 1 of my favorite ornaments.


The picture was taken on Christmas Eve 1978. A last minute decision (after dinner) to get all the cousins together. It was a joyous occasion! My sister made ornaments in 1993. Barbara died (at age 49) in 1999. Every year when I hang with on the tree, it makes me smile. I'm on left, holding my 2 week old daughter. My Cute Husband is sitting on the floor in front of me - we look about 11 years old!
 
This year we will share the day with Kid#2, her husband and 2 kids. Amelia is 2 - a great age!
She knows about Santa and Frosty and presents.


Bass Pro Shop has a great set-up for visiting. You have to make an appointment, they take your temperature and you sit on a bench in front of Santa, who is behind plexiglass. It was great! Amelia didn't have to be extra brave and sit on a stranger's lap. She smiled brightly for the photo and got a candy cane ... perfect!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!




On a quilting note ... check out this video. I plan to pull out ALL my quilts and roll them!

https://francesquilts.com/quilting-tools/lets-roll-those-quilts/

No comments: