Friday, March 19, 2021

Popping My Head UP

 Holy Cow ... the last 3 weeks have disappeared. STUFF - just plain 'ol stuff has been going on, nothing life threatening or even life altering ... just STUFF.

1. went on retreat with my quilt guild ... the lead up took a couple of prep days and the retreat was 4 days and recovery took 3 more days. First night home, I slept for 11 hours straight!

Playing in all this scrappy goodness was SEW fun and worth the recovery days.



2. Started a requested quilt for my youngest MD grandie. She is turning 16 next week and her three smaller quilts are just not cutting it on her bigger bed.

Started on retreat and finished over the following week. It's DONE. I thought she might get a photo and IOU but this quilt is on it's way to MD! That pieced inner border - leftovers from some other long ago project. Piano key border - always make way more than you think you will need because it will never be quite enough.



3. Since just before Christmas and beyond, My Cute Husband has been making almost weekly trips to Mailman Joey's - a mailing center that is not the Post Office. He's been there so often ... they know his name. Think CHEERS! The woman who usually works there is expecting her 1st baby.  She needs a quilt! I had a panel and then it became a quilt.


4. I finished a pretty thing to send to a friend in MD. She's had a lot going on and I just wanted her to know that I was thinking about her.


6. There's always sweet Amelia. We made "happy cake" together. Licking the bowl is the best part.

7. My glasses broke. That was a real bummer. I am NEVER EVER without glasses. Thankfully, it was an easy fix - nose piece replaced in 10 minutes. All is well.

8. My computer broke. This was almost as bad as my glasses breaking and not nearly as easy a fix. My wonderful I-T son-in-law was able to bring the computer back to life but ... it woke up in July 2020. Nothing was there after July - nothing! I'll live.

9. My Cute Husband and I both got Covid shots. The FEMA site in Orlando was fabulous. It was so organized and well run. We did not need an appointment - in and out in 42 minutes.

10. Did you know these existed? You really should try them - it's ice cream. You're welcome.




That about wraps up the last couple of weeks. I feel like I've been hiding out (unintentionally). My head is now fully out of the sand. I'm back among the living. Not that my life is super busy and involved but I'm ready if that should suddenly change.






 


 

 




No comments: