Saturday, December 5, 2020

It's a 2020 Kind of Thing

In these Covid-Crazy times we keep hearing about the new normal. Every time something is a bit (or a lot) off ... it's because of the Corona. I can't say that I hate this ... who doesn't love a great excuse for everything ... missed an appointment - it's the virus, don't want to attend that event - can't social distance, deadline? - of course I need an extension ... hello CV-19.

This is why I have gone overboard and landed in the wrong river - maybe.

I love a good subscription box. At least, I think I do. I see them on Facebook and IG and it all looks like fun. Last year, BCV (before Corona Virus) I must have been thinking that 2020 just might be a crazy time.  I may have signed up for a box (or 4).

The first one arrived from Three By The Sea ... love these ladies and their stuff! It appears to be the "week before Christmas" as there are 7 little wrapped packages. So far - I've resisted opening them. Can I hold out?



Then the next thing arrived ... 12 Months of Christmas ... from Olive & Two Ewe. It's a monthly subscription surprise craft. This month - Macrame. Haven't done this in years!



And then this ... a Hanukkah Gift box. No - I do not normally celebrate Hanukkah ... but - it's a Covid-Crazy time. Why not?!! I get to start opening these on December 10th. I did message and ask if this was sent by mistake ... nope ... apparently, after I ordered it, several other non-Hanukkah celebrants decided to do the same thing.

I know it's weird.


The 12 Days of Christmas box has not arrived yet. It will be here any day. This one I've done before and it will be under the tree for me on Christmas Day. Last year's Olive & Two Ewe 12 Days After Christmas finally got prepped and I'm using 2019 yarn to make 2020 socks.


These are the 2019 socks from random leftover bits of yarn.


December is "let's treat yourself really well" month! I'm getting a surprise (or working on 1) just about everyday. Let's look on the bright side of 2020 Covid-Crazy, it might be FUN!










 

No comments: