Saturday, October 17, 2020

Quilt Retreat

 I went on an adventure this week. My Florida guild - Seaside Piecemakers - holds a 4 day retreat twice a year. The place ... Lake Yale Baptist Conference Center is *hands-down* the best facility I have ever been to for a quilt retreat.

16 quilters in a room that could easily hold 40. We each had our own 8' table. There was plenty of hand sanitizer and seating in the dining hall was spaced out. I felt perfectly Covid-safe.

Here's my sewing stuff, ready to be loaded up in the car.


Just for a little perspective - when going to Iowa last month, I packed knitting.


4 days of sewing and laughting (and snacking) was very productive.
I finished my 4-patch Posy

The M&M 400-member Challenge. We actually hit 400 Wednesday night.
Sew - yes, the sample was done on time!


And - a sample practice piece - all from 5" charms.


ALL of my projects were made from stash fabric. I do still buy occasionally but I am really rockin' the stash busting!

I also made some placemats, a couple of hot pads and did some stitching on my Sue Spargo Squash Squad block of the week.

The March retreat is already on the calendar. Marjorie and I (M&M) will be doing the programming ... or as I like to say ... we're the entertainment committee.
It's going to be FUN!
Join us?


No comments: