Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Update

 Hi Kids ... it's been a minute. I've been way better about keeping up my journal lately but this week just flew by.

I finished some knitting - a cowl and mitts. The yarn is from Olive & Two Ewe's Dye Live Club. This is the 1st of 3 from this session (#2). The second skein arrived this week - I'm thinking maybe a hat ... definitely something quick.

This is a potential Christmas gift.


I got this top quilted. It's (many not all) of the 3" Leader/Ender Churn Blocks. This was Bonnie Hunter's challenge that ended in July 2020. I still have more! AND ... I'm still making them.
I used the same pattern/technique as the M&M Sew Charming group did for the
96-Charm Challenge.
I think it turned out GREAT!


AND
FINALLY
I did a thing!
I have been wanting to make make a 2-sided quilt 
for-evah.
It worked!
I was gifted 42 Friendship Star blocks from my guild pals (Southern Comforters of Bowie) when I left MD and moved to FL. I also had a bunch of miscellaneous 6.5" blocks in the Orphan Block bin. Grabbed some strips from an OLD pseudo-Jelly roll (not a Moda product) that has been hanging around for years ... sashed up the blocks, added a border and ...
PRESTO
There you have it - a beautiful backside!




I used this in the border - OLD OLD OLD
2007.
Using it up and moving it out.


I participated in a swap ...
Sock-hop-tober - with Olive & Two Ewe.  
My partner, Marilyn gifted me this sock pattern and I cast on and have made significant progress.  This is an early photo - I'm actually almost done with the foot on BOTH sock. This is official #100 of my handknit socks.


Now, I have a dilemma ...
what in the world does one do with LOTS of flannel fabric. Here in Florida there really isn't a need for a flannel quilt. I needed the bin that stored this fabric. Now I have a pile that needs a project.


HMMMMMM ........
what to do




No comments: