Sunday, August 23, 2020

Odds and Ends

 Today marks the start of Week #24 of these Covid-Crazy times. My Cute Husband still does all our grocery shopping (he's always done the shopping), my quilt guild hasn't had an in-person meeting since February. We are meeting next week! Our new facility can seat 400 and we're expecting about 75 - with masks and hand sanitizer. I'm going - we'll see how safe we all feel.

I finished the swatch samples for 26 micro-mini skeins of Olive & 2 Ewe yarn. This was a labor of love. The winding took about 1.5 hours, the cranking took about 2 hours. The finishing - that took about 2 weeks!


We took a couple of grandies to SeaWorld. This was a long considered decision. The precautions in place were excellent. Kid#1 and I do NOT do rollercoasters but we were able to find isolated spots to sit and wait for the grandies (and their Gramps) to ride. Everyone was masked and there was lots of hand sanitizer around. There was even "Mask Police" walking around reminding people to pull up (cover nose and mouth) their masks.

It's about a 45 minute ride there for us ... and there was car knitting.


My Covid-Crazy Cats is complete and ready for Friday 8/28. M&M Sew Charming (our Facebook group) is hosting a Virtural Day Retreat #2 and this is what we're making,

I've pulled another select of 12 fat 1/4's to make another - with a Christmas theme.


Marjorie and I visited a local quilter for our Tuesday Tours. She (and her husband) own a vineyard and teach wine making.


She's an art quilter and doll maker and holds gathering in the BARN (?) when we're not social distancing. I'm really looking forward to someday working on something in the BARN (?) with other quilter friends.


My sewing room has exploded with Christmas fabric. All I needed to do was pull out 12 fat 1/4's for our Virtual Day Retreat. Somehow that ended up with ALL the Christmas fabric coming out of the box. 
More on THAT later.

No comments: