Monday, August 24, 2020

Always SCRAPS

 Happy Monday!

While looking into the Christmas bin for 12 fat 1/4's, everything just sort of exploded out all over the room.


There was some pretty old stuff in that bin.


These are possibilities ...

Pretty sure the one on the right will be the winner. I'll know for sure on Friday

While I was in that bin, I decided to make good use of LOTS of strips and strings. My "Ride The Wave" that I'm planning to make on Friday may not need a piano key border. 
BUT ...
I will have one ready, just in case. 

When I'm making a scrappy piano key border - where all the strips are stitched straight (not on the diagonal), I like to work in small chunks. I don't usually precut but for this one, I was working with 5" to 7" long strips.

I squared the chunks up to 5" because I had a bunch that were 5".
Not talking rocket science here!


After 2 different sewing sessions over the weekend, I ended up with 350" of Very Scrappy, Very Christmasy piano key border parts ready to go. I'll sew the chunks together once I decided on what sort of border treatment the quilt needs.



No comments: