Monday, August 17, 2020

And Then They Were DONE

 Multiple projects in various stages of done, Done, DONE are always stacked and strewn and sometimes binned, all over my sewing room.  A quilt gets an all-caps DONE when it is bound and labeled.  That happened this past weekend!!!

                                                            Covid Crazy Cats


Social Distancing - Around the Block


Covid Crazy 8's


I don't typical do this, but because it was a pretty stripe - I mitered the corner!!


I was really struggling with picking a fabric for the binding on the Cats quilt. I loved how the black with little white dots looked ... BUT ... I had already picked that out for binding Around the Block. I actually cringed and worried and kept looking for a different binding fabric. I was willing to give it up for Around the Block and use something else, BUT - I really liked it for that quilt too.

OK .. this shouldn't have been so hard - I had plenty of this fabric. 
It finally occurred to me ...
use the same fabric and bind the 2 quilts.
Jeez ... did I really need to spend an hour dithering about this choice?


M&M Sew Charming is hosting a Virtual Retreat Day #2 ... Ride the Wave on August 28. Check out our Facebook group and join us! We had over 50 participants for #1. The pattern is free with lots of help/support and fun
Join us for friendship and fat quarters.

No comments: