Friday, July 24, 2020

A Gift From A Quilter Who Knits

Over a year ago, a dear friend, my MD quilting buddy (who now lives in Alabama) - Starlyn, sent me a surprise package in the mail. She was cleaning/clearing out her sewing room.  There was yarn and a note ... "Make Amelia a sweater." Which I did, for her 1st birthday (Nov. 5).


It was a bit big. It might fit her on her 2nd birthday. 

I quickly made another sweater and hat for Christmas.  Much better!


Here in FL there is seldom a need for a hat ... except for adorable pictures. But, a sweater is perfect for outdoor play in the winter. January and February sometimes get a bit chilly.


The other thing in that surprise box? A 2-gallon bag stuffed full of cut-off  1/2-square triangles. The note said, "I know you will think of something. "  I have finally pulled out THAT part of the gift and started playing.



No comments: