Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Summertime

It's been a busy and peaceful summer. We've stayed close to home and spent a lot of time with Kid#2 and her kids. Our days follow a routine, one day rolling into the next. It's been gentle and predictable and healing.

We walk in the morning, heading out about 8:00 (before it gets too hot). Kid#2 started keeping track in June - we've walked over 100 miles! Not all of us find it invigorating. 


By 10:00, we're home and in the pool. Amelia (the perfect grandie) has gotten quite brave, jumping in and "swimming".


By noon, we al head in different directions. The kids go home, My Cute Husband goes to his office and I head into my sewing room ... my crazy messy happy place.


Hope springs eternal  ... someday it might be tidy (or not).

Tomorrow and the next day and the next ... we have a few more weeks ... I will walk and swim and sew and knit and read. 


This has been my summer.




No comments: