Thursday, September 26, 2019

Where In The World ... ?

How in the world can it be September? In fact ... how can it be the END of September? Where did July and August go? Here, in no particular order is some of what has been going on in my world.

I attended the 20th Quilt Odyssey in Hershey, PA. My quilty-friend Donna and I have gone to this event many times. It's always a favorite show with lots of great vendors and classes. I ran into so many MD friends, some quite unexpectedly. Even ran into (quite literally - turned around and bumped into her) my friend for over 25 years, Lisa. She lives in TX, I live in FL and there we were in PA and neither knew the other would be there.

I also attended an event with my FL guild - Seaside Piecemakers in Leesburg, FL. Great retreat - spacious, well-lit, plenty of electricity and a spectacular view. Lots of sewing too!!



At some point over the summer, I completed the Bonnie Hunter Jewel Boxed Stars. With a few quilt friends, we swapped 4-patches and 1/2-square triangles back in the spring. My quilt is pieced, quilted and trimmed!


I went with a string border, mostly because - the string blocks were all made and sitting in the scary closet. Rocky approved! The quilt is now on Binding Island.

The Mini Trip to Market Square is practically done. Yes, it is also on Binding Island. Gyleen Fitzgerald of Colourful Stitches did a Facebook, online class. This quilt will likely be a Christmas gift.


Hurricane Dorian did a drive-by. It took him FOREVER to decide not to stop in, right over the top of us. (thankfully!) The poor people of the Bahamas did not fare as well.


AND … there was lots of time spent with little cutie! When you squirm around, interested in everything except getting your pants on … beware - Grammie just might put those pants on your head.


There was also kayaking, beach days, visits with Kid#1 and a MD grandie, more sewing and knitting and general LIFE.  As my Cutie Husband reminds me often … it does not suck to live here!

No comments: