Saturday, June 15, 2019

Mini Trip To Market Square

Gyleen Fitzgerald of  " Colorful Stitches" does classes and mysteries and general inspiration on Facebook. Follow her - it's worth it! I did and do.  Recently she lead a group doing a mystery called: Mini Trips to Market Square … 1/2 the blocks are mini Trip Around the World and the other 1/2 are Market Square.

 I made all the blocks during the weekly "clue" reveals. I cut all the sashing and the corner stones. I even made the binding. I did not piece the top together. It was on-point and I needed a day - a whole day - when I knew no one (cutest grandie) was coming to visit.



That day finally came and I laid out all the blocks and the sashing and the corner stones. I picked up the pieces 2 (sometimes 3) at a time when I was feeling particularly brave) and carried them to my machine and stitched them. Then went back to the living room, laid it out to check it and carried the next pieces to the sewing room and stitched them.  I can NOT think sideways. On-point always amazes me. This took most of the day. There was the occasional break, visit with Mom, lunch, etc. AND … I made the backing.


I added a border (not in Gyleen's directions) because my edges were a bit wonky and it made the quilt a little bigger. It was loaded on the Handiquilter and quilted!



Now, it's ready for squaring-up/trimming and binding. It will probably sit for a little while. Other things - like the 365 challenge - are waiting.



Pros … I used up a LOT of 2.5" squares that used to reside in a dishpan in the closet. ALL the faric came from stash and some of it I thought I would NEVER use. Christmas gift for my sister (Goofy#1) is done … well - almost done (on binding island).


No comments: