Tuesday, March 5, 2019

How I Multi-Task


Yesterday while posting about WIPS, I was marveling about how organized I was with my multiple projects … works-in-progress.
These are not UFO … of which I have plenty.
These are what I am actively working on.

My Market Square blocks have to be layed out.
If not - I will sew them wrong.
The pieces are layed out on a 12.5" square ruler
balanced on top of a trash can, right next to my sewing chair.


To the right on my machine are leader/ender parts.
The white plastic tray (I think it originally held hamburger) has prepped piles for the little Shoo Fly blocks. Each pile is a block.
Under that is a bowl of 1.5" squares and another with 2-patch sew together.
These will someday be stitched into little 4-patches.
There's also some 1/2-square triangles awaiting some sort of resolution.


Here you can see my tablet on the left. I need that to do the 365 Block Challenge.
Hanging up on the bulletin board are the completed blocks.
On the right (on the cutting table) the piles of parts for the rest of the Market Square blocks.
My little ironing TV tray fits perfectly under the cutting table.


On my cutting table is a dessert stand that I have NEVER used for desserts.
Paper plates work great for holding the "not yet ready" parts of the Shoo Fly blocks
and the finished blocks.
I now have 18 finished blocks.


This is how I stay organized and sew on multiple projects at a time.
It works GREAT.
until it doesn't.
This morning, I lost a block
GONE
GONE
GONE
I was making 2 identical blocks. All the parts were cut and I was assembly line sewing and it was going great … Dear Daughter blocks, Market Square blocks and little Shoo Fly blocks.

I lost a Dear Daughter block. I looked everywhere. 
How weird!
It was here and then it wasn't.

FINALLY …
I realized that I had stitched a section onto TWO blocks held together.


Seriously - I looked for a good 5 minutes for the stupid block
before figuring out …
I was the stupid one.

DONE!




No comments: