Thursday, February 7, 2019

CELEBRATE ~ DONE!!!

Hurray for  D. O. N. E. !!!
My giant Flower Garden Quilt is complete.

cue the angels singing …


24 blocks and 4 borders
all applique
and 1" finished pieced sashing


My idea to add the borders after I quilted them worked out great.
You can see on the left, I covered the seam with a strip of matching fabric.

Doesn't the quilting look awesome from the back?!!


Most of applique was done by hand.


Yes …
I needle-turned those horses!
I am that awesome … once.


I did add a little wool
because …
well … I LOVE wool applique
and
some of the pieces were just too little or too curvy for me.


Quilting this was such fun.
I used lots of different fills.


It took me 1 year to complete 90%.
and another year to complete the last 10%.


I was really apprehensive about the whole "quilt-as-you-go" idea for the borders. I'm so very pleased with how it turned out.  


Now …
what to do with this all the gorgeousness?





No comments: