Sunday, February 17, 2019

Another Week of Fiber Fun

Happy President's Day Weekend!
This has been a fiber-filled few days. My MD guild had their annual Winter Retreat - and I missed it (sad face). I've been attending for 20 years (about) and had a scheduling conflict this year.  Next year - I will be there. It's sew not the same, reading Facebook and texting with my Sewing Sisters and then having to "solo sew."

But … the scheduling conflict was FUN. 
My Florida guild had their bi-annual event …

The Gathering

I snapped a few pictures. I really wish I was better about capturing experiences on my phone.  I did get a few.
There was a panel challenge. I really like the look (technique) of the one on the right.
Simple but still makes a statement.


I taught a class on Friday afternoon.
Crossroads Picnic Quilt.
23 quilts, marking, cutting and sewing
and a bit of laughter!


Here are some of their blocks.
I love the Christmas fabric one - there just might have to be one of those at my house!
All the different color combos !!


We were also treated to a traveling exhibit from SAQA.
I don't always "get" art quilt but these were quite interesting.


And to finish out the weekend …
I finished
Simon Sheep.


A cute little crochet kit that I bought back in January (at Distaff Day).
I think Amelia may claim him.


No comments: