Monday, October 15, 2018

Playing With Plaids

Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville) has a great blog with LOTS of free patterns.  She has lots of patterns and books for sale too!  I decided I really needed to make something with some of my homespun, mostly plaid fabric.

Here it is ...Scrappy Mountain Majesty


A few miscalculations … I thought I needed to make 48 blocks but I really needed 52 and I only made 51. But I did finally get the count correct and there was only 1 (or 3) OOPS blocks.


The top is done.


I love it!


I also completed another Dream Big. This neutral panel turned out even better than I expected.  It's sitting patiently on Binding Island.


AND …
I finished a top from this book. The knitting was pretty easy and the outcome is awesome. I bought the yarn on our trip to Maine in August.  Someday it might be cool enough to wear it.


7 yards of fabric off the shelf. When I get around to making the backing and binding for the PLAID quilt, that number will grow.

 Using it up!!



1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

The plaids look beautiful in your quilt and I love your quilting on the whole quilt, that is gorgeous.

Debbie