Friday, June 15, 2018

Here and There and Everywhere

Summertime ... and the living is easy? Isn't it supposed to be more relaxed, a calm, slower pace?

NOT!

I went to Utah for Handiquilter Academy. That is definitely not a slow pace training.  I took 8 classes in 2.5 days, ate WAY TOO MUCH, met up with some friends (got to see Dawn, from Spring Water Designs in MD!!), made some new friends and learned a LOT.

It was a world-wind few days ... all about machine quilting. 
I saw quilting designs everywhere - on the wall paper ...


and the floor carpet ...


I took couching classes and background filler classes, thread painting. I quilted on vintage linens and took a class called "Rogue Rulers". We used rulers to mark around and then stitched without them.

Couching takes a some practice and I'm determined to keep practicing.


Then I came home and stopped by "Kids Quilt Camp." My FL guild does this every summer. The kids complete a Rail Fence quilt top by the end of the week. I think they "tie" them ... hmmm ... not sure, I need to find out.
The girls were so intent on their projects. 


The future of our quilt world!


Inspired and pumped up from HQ Academy, I was ready to quilt my Flying Strings top.  I used rulers in the 2 borders and a tiny meander fill in the "sky" part of the flying geese. I did a simpe loop-in-a-loop on the strings.
The quilt is now on Binding Island.


And ... we finally launched our new kayaks!


I've been knitting and sewing and taking care of Mom.
My VERY Cute Husband is back from MD. He went up to cheer on his Washington Capitals. The parade was Tuesday and he was there. 

Congrats to the CAPS for a huge (first time ever) Stanley Cup win!!

No comments: