Tuesday, May 29, 2018

It's Monday (but really it's Tuesday)

Holidays and weekends really aren't that different from weekdays when you're retired ... or at least you wouldn't think so. But in reality - they are still different. For some reason, they just feel different.

Sew ... what's been going on?

In the garden, we have some "volunteers."  I read this on a blog ... volunteer flowers are those that bloom and you did NOT plant them.

Pretty sunflowers growing along our back fence! I think the seeds dropped out of the bird feeder.
Those pesky squirrels did a good job.


I've really made progress on this afghan for Baby Amelia. She's doesn't arrived until October. She will be a warm and well-dressed grandbaby!


And ... I made binding.  I had a close call - thought I might have to go buy some fabric. Nothing seemed quite right.  Thankfully, I found this ... from 2007.


I wasn't thrilled with it but decided to "settle." 
Glad I did.
Once My Cute Husband got it hung, the binding looked great.
The quilt looks wonderful. 
and 
All was right in my world.




No comments: