Wednesday, February 28, 2018

SSPM Quilt Show

Seaside Piecemakers 2018 quilt show is done. It was a great success. Lots of time, work, commitment and laughs goes into producing a show. This guild does a show every 2 years.  For the next 12 months we are in "down time". After that - we start gearing up for the 2020 show.


I managed to get through all 15 vendor booths and not buy 1" of fabric!  I did buy a new little travel iron.  It steams!


I bought 2 patterns. I'm really wanting to make quilts that look like something.  I'm thinking it's time to go beyond the block.


Here's my Sue Spargo quilt.  I do love how well the quilting showed up.


This quilt won a 2nd place ribbon in hand applique.


My Enchanted Garden


won a "Judges Recognition" award.  I'm not entirely sure what this means.  It's not an "honorable mention" - there were several.  
There seemed to be only ONE (my quilt!) "Judge's Recognition"


SSPM - Seaside Piecemakers show is a judged show.  The judge views and critiques the quilts prior to the show opening and awards ribbons.

The quilts were all wonderful.  Lots of talent in this guild.

When we moved here to Florida, I knew exactly 1 person (Kid#2) in this town.  Through quilting and knitting, I have made lots of friends

AND ... it's sunny and 80 on this last day of February.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Congratulations on your personal success at the show; you certainly "count" when it comes to saying there is a lot of talent in that guild. It sounds like it would have been a lot of fun to see.