Monday, February 26, 2018

Reunited

I started knitting a shawl with yarn I had spun a long time ago.  This yarn was produced at least a year before we left Maryland. We've lived in Florida for almost 2 years.

So ... I finally started knitting the shawl.



about 25% of the way into this project, I knew I was not going to have enough handspun yarn.  I wasn't too worried as I had already planned to combine it with a purchased yarn.

AND

I had plenty more wool that I could (in theory) spin into yarn.

AND

My Kromski wheel came into the sewing room. After several years, it was fun to spin again.


This is plied and ready for a bath.


This is what was left of the 1st skein.


That will carry me through a few more rows. Then I can finish off with this - another 200 yards of beautiful handspun.  


I'm loving how this yarn is knitting up ... is soft but still has good stitch definition.


Florida is the land of "chiller chasers."





No comments: