Monday, January 8, 2018

When Not Sewing

Volunteering at Roosevelt Elementary School continues to be my "community service," even during Christmas break.  Last Friday I went to Kid#2's 2nd grade classroom and reorganized her classroom library.


They use the "Lexile" system. The books are numbered according to the reading level. The kids all know their Lexile level. They can choose (and read) any book they want but the idea is to read on their level and then take a computer quiz (and pass). All the books are labelled and organized. The new books have been added and it's ready to start 2018.

Who wouldn't love reading under a couple of quilts?!!


In early December, My Cute Husband went up to Maryland to go to a few hockey games. He returned with a couple of quilts.
I'm so glad this quilt has come home and I can now put it on my bed.


First Blush was a BOM offered at Spring Water Designs. I made the sample a year ago and now it's back.


It is very white and light. Next week, I might put it away until spring but for now - I want to enjoy it. 

It is winter here in Melbourne. The weather is warming back up (from a low of 33). By Monday, our high should be back up to 70. I have enjoyed wearing a few hand knit socks, sweaters and shawls.  Our winter is short and not very cold (usually).

Summer is right around the corner!

PS ...
I found the Christmas table runner. It was in the bin marked "I hope to get to this in 2018". I was sew organized - it never occurred to me to look in that bin earlier, when I was searching.  It is now machine appliqued and loaded on the Handiquilter.  It will be done (at least quilted) this week.







No comments: