Saturday, January 6, 2018

SEWING!!

Today I sewed! But even better ... I sewed with a machine INSIDE a cabinet.  I've been sewing on 2 different machines on top of a great IKEA table. It's been working ... but ...

Last week I bought a new machine!!! I don't have it - yet. It's ordered and when it comes, there will be pictures.  In the meantime, I also ordered a new Horn cabinet.


It fits perfectly in the space that the IKEA table occupied.  I have really missed sewing on a completely flat surface. A machine sitting "down in a hole" is my preferred way of stitching.  I can't wait to give my old Bernie a rest and get to know my new Bernina 570!

Sew ...
I've been making Christmas placemats.  My goal is to make 24. Another goal - to only have 1 bin of Christmas fabric before putting it away for this year.


The stitching part is finished on 6. They will get quilted on my Handiquilter. 
This is a part of a free pattern from Connecting Threads.


I made the table runner last week. It still needs the machine applique stitching done on the bows.
BUT 
I seem to have lost it.
I know - right?!!
How in the world does one lose a quilt top? I have looked and looked. I just can't find it.  And no - it is NOT in the pocket of my old sewing machine trolley.  I will continue making placemats and I'm sure the table runner will turn up at some point.
It's good to be back sewing!!




1 comment:

Pat said...

This post puts me in mind of a favorite saying: I spend half my life looking for things I had five minutes ago.