Friday, January 5, 2018

Lost and Found

We moved here to Florida in May 2016. I was such an organized packer. Stuff was color coded and packed sensibly. We started moving some stuff down here as early as October 2015. We moved some stuff in December 2015 and the bulk of our stuff went out of Maryland at the end of April 2016.

Then I unpacked and set up our new home. And ... my sewing room!  I needed to start with shelving. As I unpacked a box, I wanted to put the stuff on a shelf. I couldn't do that until I rebuilt the shelves and in order to do that ... I needed the little pegs that hold the shelves.

I'm an organized packer.  Those little pegs were carefully gathered and placed into a Zip-Loc bag so that when we arrived in FL, I could get to them easily and build my shelves so I could unpack the boxes and settle us into our new home.

Do you think I could find those little shelf pegs?

ANYWHERE?

For 610 days ...

I searched and complained and blogged and complained and searched - EVERYWHERE.
I gradually bought new pegs - a package at a time.  I didn't want to buy lots because I knew I would find these little suckers.  The boxes got unpacked and I continued to buy new pegs to build shelves to unpack more boxes.  I could not imagine what the heck happened to pegs.

For Christmas, My Cute Husband bought me a new traveling trolley for my sewing machine.  My old one had served me well. And was so beat up.  The new one has 4 rotating wheels and I love it!


I unpacked my travel machine and all the sewing stuff I take to classes and retreats and repacked my brand new one.  One last sweep through the out pockets (that I don't use), just in case.



My shelf pegs!
All neatly gathered together in a Zip-Loc bag. 
NOW ... I remember.
I put the pegs (in the bag) into the side pocket of my sewing machine bag because this bag was NOT going into a box. I could easily access the bag, which would have been placed in my sewing room.  Building shelves for the sewing room was going to be easy.

Anyone need a bagful of shelf pegs?

In other, unrelated news ...


What does one do with empty plastic bobbins? I have a basketful.  I love using the DecoBob prewound bobbins for my Handiquilter and have acquired a lot of empties.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?




No comments: