Tuesday, December 19, 2017

One Week Until ...

Christmas ... we do celebrate at our house. We usually do it all - outside decorations, my collection of Santas, 2 trees, lots of presents, baking, other miscellaneous décor. This year ... we're still doing it all. But this year - it seems to be getting away from me.  I did NO holiday sewing.

I tried.

I went searching for my box of Christmas fabric. It was in the scary closet.


And then ... I found another bin of Christmas fabric - under my Handiquilter.


How the heck did THAT happen? I really thought my fabric was sew organized!  


And that is as far as I got with holiday sewing. 

No placemats, no pillowcases, no tablerunner, no quilt. 
I had the best of intentions but it just did not happen.

SEW ... instead 
Here's a look at one of my favorite Christmas bed quilts.


It's on Mom's bed. I called it: "5Cent Christmas". I finished it in 2015 from 5" charms using Pat Speth's book Nickel Quilts.


It has a fun "B SIDE"


I did make my sister a pillow.


That is all I have for you today.
It very well may be "the most wonderful time of the year" and I do think it is. As much as I'm enjoying the season, I've run out of steam on the documenting of it.

PS - the Christmas fabric is not yet put away. I might do a little holiday sewing after Christmas - get on jump on next year.
or not.
I will be putting all the fabric into 1 bin before I put it away.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary it is beautiful, I love the Nickle Quilt books. Just tell them you are celebrating Epiphany when the Wise men come and brought gifts. That way you still have 11 extra days.

Unknown said...

Mary which book did the quilt come from? I would love to make one.