Monday, October 23, 2017

What a Dilemma

Dilemma?

This has been one of those days when looking back, I will wonder - did I get anything done?

OR

I'll look back and think - Wow! I got a lot done.

1. Took Mom to get blood work
2. Went out for breakfast
3. Finished the 2nd cuff on my MD sweater
4. adjusted and fixed the front/back bands so I can finish the lace - hopefully during TV tonight.
5. Made binding for 1 of the 2 quilts on my binding chair
6. started organizing some projects to take to my retreat next week
7. added a few more projects to the pile and took 1 project out of the pile
8. made 2 Starfecta blocks ... I'm up to 10!
9. prepped for my guild sewing day (Thursday)
10 changed my mind on what I'm doing Thursday and prepped a different project.

Now - the DILEMMA ...

My newest new quilt project. I sorted out a bunch of 5" squares and matched up a red with a blue.


Nice big pile. This will be my Sew-Day project on Thursday.


After making a gazillion Tri-square triangle blocks (Crazy 8 Method!), do I stitch them together into a 9-patch with light corners and constant center?


Those corner squares of just for the audition. They will not be what I use in the quilt.

OR

Do I stitch them into a little 4-patch pinwheel?


This is NOT a rhetorical question ... I'm really looking for input.
There's no hurry in finishing it. I'm going to make LOTS of parts before I commit to a block.

In the meantime ... I put a good sized dent in my basket of 5" charms!!


And ... I have no idea what's for dinner tonight.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary, I like the nine patch block.

Unknown said...

I like the pinwheel block.
Now you are 1 to 1...not much help.

WoolenSails said...

I like the nice patch, but the color of the light blues is what I like, goes so nice together, the yellow was distracting me.

Debbie

Unknown said...

Okay so I like both blocks (go figure) but I do like the 9 patch better. Is this going to be all blue and white? Even with other colors added it could be a soldier quilt. Did you ever figure out what you had for dinner?