Saturday, October 21, 2017

Keep At It

I make a lot of stuff ... stitched, quilted, knitted.  I'm often asked how I get so (sew) much done.  The easy answer (besides - I have no life!) is that I do it all the time.  Whenever I have a few minutes, my hands are busy.

Today, My Cute Husband and I went to the Post Office and then onto a local street fair.  I waited in the car while he did the PO business.  While driving there, while waiting in the car and then driving home, I got 8 rows knitted on a sock.  This sock has been in process for MONTHS but I only knit on it when we drive some place close by. It's my "don't have to think about it" project. I'm up to the heel-turn!

My sweater (11 days until I go to MD) is my "have to think some times about it) project.  Great for TV viewing or this afternoon, while watching Knit Stars2 ... a knitting seminar on line. I haven't finished the neck/front band yet but have moved on to sleeves.  I'm playing a bit of "Yarn Chicken" and afraid I might run out.


I'm quite sure I did NOT invent this idea but I had a light bulb moment last night (while watching some sort of cop drama - NCIS SOMEWHERE?). I didn't want to keep count of the number of decreases made and I did not have a pen handy to mark it on my ever-present sticky note.  I did have an errant piece of yarn in my knitting bag. Presto ... rows are marked at each decrease. This picture shows that I have made 5 decreases and I can easily see and count from the previous decrease to know when to make (and mark) the next.  

Knitting gets done while driving (as the passenger), while watching TV, while waiting for Mom at the hairdresser.

Sewing?
I like having a project cut and prepped. This is NOT always the norm but I do get more done if I have taken the time to do the prep.


Then, when I have a few minutes, I can pop in my sewing room and stitch up a few seams.  Today, I managed some time and I got 3 more blocks done.



Like magic ... there will soon be 15 blocks made. That's 1/2 of what I need.
But ... why stop at 30 blocks?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the finished block. Your quilts were a big hit at Quilt Bingo, but you were missed.