Saturday, September 30, 2017

Spinning Out Of Control

Pinwheel blocks ... I do love them!

I've made a lot. I stitch up 1/2-Square triangles "leader/ender" style ALL the time. This means I have a LOT of them.  As the collection built, I decided if I had 4 that matched, I would leader/ender those into pinwheels. I always knew someday I would make a quilt with them and I already have a title ...

Spinning Out Of Control

Amanda Jean Nyberg's lecture, trunk show and classes have inspired me to finally do something with all my pinwheels.  The barrel of 1/2-squares will wait for another day.

These blocks finish at 2" and I have 100 of them.


Here are all the rest of my pinwheels.  They finish at 1.5", 3", 4". I even have a couple of larger ones.


Now what?
I'm not exactly sure which pattern I will use. I think I'll use Amanda's book, "No Scrap Left Behind" as a starting point and maybe do a combo of several patterns.

After years of carrying around this box, and after an afternoon of dedicated trimming, my 1/2-square triangle box is empty!


This will not be a fast quilt.  In fact, I think it will still continue to be a leader/ender project while I stitch away on other things ... there is always another quilt to make.



No comments: