Friday, September 15, 2017

Scrappy Geese

My newest quilt-in-progress needs a name.  Or does it? Most people name their quilts.  I often give my quilt goofy names like ... Blue Quilt or Scrappy Quilt.  There is a quilt over the back of our couch right now.  Mom asked me what is was called ... Old Moda #3.  It was made from Moda fabric from a long time ago and it was the 3rd quilt I made from this old fabric.

Any way ...

I have thoroughly enjoyed digging through this tub of 2.5" squares. Almost every time I grab a square, I'm reminded of some project I worked on, or a friend I was sewing with or a shop I visited.


I loved this fabric.  I think it was a Nancy Halvorson and I do remember it came from And Sew It Goes - a shop where I worked 8 years ago.


And this one ... I REALLY loved this fabric, also from And Sew It Goes.


The best part of making scrappy quilts is the memories. It's like spending some time with old friends.  I made some progress today on "Spinning Geese"? or "Pinwheel Geese"? or "Scrappy Pinwheels"? 

Maybe I'll just call it "Old Friends"




2 comments:

Pat said...

Old Friends - perfect.

Veronica said...

Old Friends is a perfect name for a quilt.