Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pinterest Sewing

I save a lot of "pins". Sometimes (not too often) I even go back and look at the pins. And sometimes (even less often), I actually go to the web sites and read about/look at the information that comes with the pins. And ... sometimes (even less often than less often) I try out something that I found.

I have a Pinterest Board for "TOTES". I pinned a picture of a little vinyl zip pouch. I went back and looked at it and pondered the possibility of making it.  I found some vinyl in my sewing room.  I looked at the pin again.  I even went to the web site and read the tutorial.

 And I did it!


It's the perfect size for notions - sewing or knitting.


I made one according to the tutorial (no picture).  Then I made another with some adjustments.
The backing fabric is ... on the back, which meant that the back of the fabric is what showed through the vinyl on the front.  I used 2 pieces of fabric for the back with some interfacing.



The interfacing added a little more stability and the double backing made the front pretty. And I "boxed" the 2 bottom corners to give the bag a little shape, and room to get stuff in and out.

Cute little bag that will probably be gifted.
Pinterest success!


And ... a new knitting project casted on last night.






No comments: