Friday, September 22, 2017

Almost

Yesterday was an ALMOST kind of day.  A good day, a productive day, an almost quiet day.

1. The String Quilt is ready and waiting.  I almost sewed binding on my Relay For Life Auction Quilt. I still have 5 days.


2. Flower Garden #14 almost got finished. I decided to add a little wool in the center.


3.  "Old Friends" got some pieced borders ... almost ... 3 out of 4 are done.


4. I finished a sock! I almost started it's sole mate ... but I didn't.

5.  My Cute Husband went out to trim back a tree. He almost cut it down.


There's more to the tree story...
It's a loquat tree. I had never heard of loquat before moving to Florida.  Loquat is a fruit.  I guess it's like a kumquat - I've never had a kumquat.  It actually had fruit on it (and all over the ground) when we moved here May 2016.  It is now September 2017 and there has not been fruit on this thing ever since.  
It's a messy tree. The leaves fall all year. It hangs over (and on) our roof. Dan, the Neighbor, keeps it cut back even with our fence because he hates it.
So - instead of a good hair cut, I suggested we take it down completely. 

It's almost done.

1 comment:

Quiltblocksandmore said...

At times I've had some 'almost' days too. I think it's the nature of the beast. My attention span wanders. Relax and enjoy!