Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Retreat Day

The Circle of Friends quilt group hosted an all-day retreat.  It was much needed day of sewing and making new friends. 52 of us intent on our sewing.


Here's where I spent the day.


Some worked on different projects.  There were several demos.  I will be trying the embellishing and the fabric marbling ... very fun! I choose to do the mystery quilt. Using up several yards of fabric from my stash was my mission ... accomplished!

In between the seams, I worked on Stringed 1/2-squares.  My pile is growing.


I finished the Mystery top during the sewing day.  I do think I will be adding to it.  Maybe 2 more rows of something.  I will use the same 2 fabrics ... maybe a checker board. 


Still thinking about it.

It was great to have a mindless sewing day! The snacks (as always) were pretty good too!




1 comment:

Chris H. said...

That looks like a fun easy quilt. Does it have a name for the pattern so I can get the directions?