Monday, March 28, 2016

Nothing Special

Last night My Cute Husband casually said, " So, we have nothing going on tomorrow, right?" I assured him that WE did not. 

MY day ...
Up at 7:00, start the coffee. Wind up some sock yarn and the leftover yarn from the Octopus Sweater. Pack a box of knitting supplies that hopefully, I can live without for the next 6 weeks. 

Realizing I had not put water into the coffee maker, make coffee but leave without it. Go to a warehouse to pick up a portable oxygen unit for Mom.  Sit there for a 1/2 hour contemplating this seemingly empty building.  Go home, call the company - someone gave me an old address.  After a little gentle arm-twisting they agreed to deliver and NOT charge me a delivery fee.

Have coffee with mom. Put the corned beef in the crock pot for dinner (Mom's favorite and it IS her birthday.

Finish the 5th (of 5) customer quilts for Nancy.  They are all identical - grandchildren, I think - quilts are identical NOT the children. These will be the last OP's I do in MD.  

Have lunch with Mom - she had potato soup, I had PB&J.

Pack 2 more boxes of sewing room stuff.

Help Mom pack for our trip, check in (late) for our flight, accept the delivery of oxygen from a nice man named Joe.  Return his gloves that he left here 2 weeks ago.

Wind another skein of yarn (just in case).

Cut lots of wool squares (2", 2.5" 3", 4"). These are for kits for my classes at Quilt Odyssey.  Yes, this isn't until July, but the kits are staying in MD when we move (in 4 weeks).

Do a load of laundry - I really want to wear those jeans on the plane tomorrow.

Call the tax guy.

Pack up my projects for my final (???) Bee retreat which is 2 days after we return from our Florida trip.

Sit down and play Words With Friends ... people are waiting!

Go fold the above mentioned laundry and discover I had forgotten to turn on the dryer. 
Turn on the dryer.

Rescue the trash cans that blew all the way down our street. Pack my carry-on bag with too much stuff (just in case.) 

Quick visit with Kid#1 and Oldest Granddaughter - they came by to wish Gram a Happy Birthday. 

Run to the bank for some cash. "Low tire pressure" light came on. Ignore it.

Fold the laundry that is now dry.

My Cute Husband comes home - I have a task for him! Go fix my car tire ... Please. 

Fix dinner - corned beef, scalloped potatoes and salad - yummy! 
Sing "Happy Birthday" to Mom, have presents and ice cream.

Photo taken at a restaurant Sunday night. 

Pack up my beloved Bernina 1090.  It will be shipped to Florida at the end of Aoril. No worries - I have my "traveling" machine packed and always ready.

My day is done ... sit down to watch a hockey game on TV with My Cute Husband.  Cast on and knit the bottom band of the "Never Ending" green sweater. The Octopus sweater just isn't doing it for me.  It no longer looks like this ...

My Cute Husband casually says, "how was your day?"

Are you kidding me!!!


Pat said...

So what did you do in your spare time? LOL

Kathleen said...

I'm exhausted….

MK Kerr said...

I told you I didn't envy you -- with all the stuff you have to do.

You made me exhausted, too.