Saturday, August 6, 2011

LAST ONE ... AGAIN

Not my last blog post ... heaven forbid!
My late Christams sample ... maybe,
at least for now.

It's from the book Schnibbles Times 2, made from a charm pack and a little extra fabric.

Although it's small (33" x 33"), I still had to piece the back, but that only gave me more width not length. Then I cut a diagonal, moved one side down a bit, squared it off and ... a big enough back. I've seen/heard of this technique but never tried it. It gave the back a great look.


I did an all-over free motion design of poinsettias and holly - not bad, if I do say so myself!


Maybe it's the heat ...if I make Christmas quilts and knitted scraves and sweaters ... I feel cooler.
or - it could be the AC.

3 comments:

Donna Badgett said...

Nice work, Mary! Your freehand is terrific!

Sharon said...

Your freehand quilting is wonderful! And I love the little quilt, aren't Schnibbles fun? I have made this one, but need to quilt it!

Karen G. said...

Sooo cute! As you know I bought the kit. Does the background really have dogs and cats on it?