Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SNOW DAY?

So ... here I was on Tuesday afternoon all ready for a good snow.  Got my "chores" all done, got dinner going in the crock pot, got my Snuggi, got my comfort food all set ...


The dog's been walked, schools are closing early (the ONLY effect that has on me is reassurance that snow is coming), a little mindless TV going on in the background and a new knitting project.  What more could I need?
 

How about some snow!  All afternoon I knitted and watched out the window ... nothing.  But this morning when we got up ... oh so pretty!!
 And not so much that everything is closed and unsafe and annoying.  Just enough to be pretty.  So that means my sewing buddy Donna is on her way to my house for several days of sewing and laughing and eating.  We're going to see Pat Sloan lecture tonight at my quilt guild - Southern Comforters of Bowie.

Because I AM a quilter, I wanted to share with you my finished "Fan"-tasy Garden 2.  This is the quilt I started back in September while at Marilyn Doheny's Melrose Inn.  A finished quilt ... what a great feeling!

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

We have the snow day here, so staying in.
I love your Fantasy garden, what a beautiful piece.

Debbie