Thursday, December 2, 2010

I BELIEVE

FINALLY ... got it finished! Dawn gave me her "I Believe" top a month ago and I finally got it quilted.  It's not a big quilt (66" x 84") but it was a big project.  This is a Pat Sloan pattern.


This is Dawn's ... not trimmed or bound yet but with LOTS of quilting.  I did it all - free motion, ProStitcher - resized, cropped, rotated, added, deleted, repeated.  It took several days but I think well worth it.


And just because ... here's my quilt.  I finished mine last year so it's been bound, used and washed.  I chose different fabrics - a little brighter and wasn't quite as diverse with the quilting. I really enjoy seeing the same pattern done in different fabrics.

My "quilt holder" wasn't home and I was determined to take these pictures while it was still light outside.  What a GREAT feeling ... another quilt finished!!

4 comments:

Karen G. said...

Mary, They are both beautiful! I love them.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful quilt for the holidays.
I am in the mood to make something today, just for fun, so will have to be small.

Debbie

Dawn said...

Yea Mary ~ I just saw this :) I love it, now I can't wait to see it in person!!

Donna Badgett said...

What a perfect quilt for the holidays. Did you hang yours in the family room, or is there another one gracing your walls?