Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FABRIC TUESDAY

When I was digging through my trunk of quilt orphans, I came across these 2 blocks.  A whole lot of work went into this block-of-the-month project.  This is the January block....

And this is the February block.  That's as far as I got.  It's from At Piece With Time.  Each month was some sort of dwelling.  I remember working on a birdhouse - maybe that was March. 


Today, this morning, I finished this quilt top.  It's called All Tucked In.  I made it as a shop sample for the quilt shop where I used to work.

 
I traded my time (sewing) for this yarn.  Do you barter?  GREAT way to do business.

Hopefully this yarn will become a sweater for my youngest daughter for Christmas ... I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love those two blocks and that is a lot of beautiful work, into them.
I usually find yarn like that at thrifts. I love to embellish my art quilts, so love to find specialty wool yarns that I can redye.

Debbie

Karen said...

Is there more to the story of the 2 orphan quilt blocks? Are you going to go back to finish the rest or are they lost forever? It is interesting how we all can start something with great enthusiasm and then find ourselves wondering a year or two later why we ever started it. Our tastes and interests do change rapidly.

Deb said...

Oh I agree with Karen. I always get so enthused at the start of a project too! I think a lot of the enjoyment comes from selecting the fabrics and playing around with colours and then the enthusiasm goes!! lol So are the orphans going to have a family of 10 to go with them? Or will they be orphans forever?

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your blocks are adorable! Aren't they calling for their unmade buddies? I love the colors in your new quilt top - beautiful!

Quiltstory said...

So many projects! We all need more time. Sweet. Thanks for linking up!