Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SEASONAL AND NOT

Wow ... it's been almost a week and no blog post. One might think I've been sew busy sewing, I haven't had time to blog ... but one would not be correct. I went to Florida for a quick visit and to see my mom's new kitchen (more on that tomorrow).




And then I came home and did get a little sewing done. Remember the back problem I had? Here's the finished quilt from the front. No - I'm not way ahead of the game. This is a top I pieced 2 years ago. When I worked in a quilt shop, I often had the delightful pleasure of thinking up stuff to do with the bits and pieces leftover from kits and projects.




Not sure why the photo above is turned sideways. These 2 pictures are close-ups of the quilting I did on my Handiquilter ProStitcher. Above - a sideways pumpkin vine, below - spiderwebs. I did a combo of free-motion and computer quilting. And it's finished!!



These are some pillow covers that are already on their way to Florida. They will look wonderful on my mom's new patio. She has white wicker furniture and we looked EVERYWHERE for pillows to match the seat cushions and they did not exist. Wasn't my sister thrilled (not) when I mentioned making a quick stop at the quilt shop. And wasn't my mom thrilled (was) when I mentioned that it would be easier to make her pillows than to keep looking.









1 comment:

Quiltstory said...

That quilting is soo cute, love the webs and seasons :) Thanks for linking up, we'll see you next week!