Friday, July 30, 2010

FRIDAY FINISH

WOO HOO ... not only do I have finishes - but I also found $3.00 in the pocket of a jacket this morning! Don't you just love it when THAT happens!! Haven't worn my leather motorcycle jacket in over a year. We're getting ready for a big 2 week trip to Sturgis, SD, starting tomorrow and there in the pocket ... chap stick and $3.00 - my lucky day!

The center of this quilt was pieced by my niece and nephew (John and Krista) and I did the applique and quilted it. It's already on it's way to Florida to Gramma's new house - her favorite color is green. Those are pretty pink flowers with yellow center ... NOT fried eggs. It looks better in real life - honest. AND ... here's my finshed OP ART Infinity. Well - the top is finished. It will get quilted after our vacation. The 2 opposite corners are curved ... how's that for arty?!


We'll be on the rode tomorrow afternoon heading West. Will check in later!

6 comments:

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Green's my favorite color too, so I love this quilt! The Op-Art quilt is fabulous. Have a fun and safe road trip! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

www.seamsinspired.com

P. said...

I'm a big fan of green too, so I really like the quilt you made for gramma. The infinity quilt is just fascinatingly beautiful! Those rounded corners are fabulous!

Rita E said...

Great post ... both quilts are lovely. Thanks for sharing!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Love the blues in the art quilt! That is a stunning quilt. The other quilt is fun, too. Safe travels!

Megan said...

Wow the art quilt is very arty! Amazing!

Donna Turner said...

You rock, girl! Very clever -- those curved corners are just perfect!!!