Sunday, July 25, 2010

DAY 2 AT QUILT ODYSSEY

Deb Tucker was the teacher I had on Friday. She taught her pattern, "No Y-seam Carolina Lily". Check out the "migrating geese." I do love the flying geese block and Deb uses it to create a great filler for the on-point blocks. My project ... still in it's infancy but I will finish it.
Friday night I took a class with Betty Neff. Betty and her husband Richard are so very knowledgable about Singer Featherweight machines. I found out that my machine was manufactured between 1938 and 1941. This is the machine I've been using all weekend.
There are some really fun attachments for the Featherweight ... both vintage and new and LOTS of the feet and attachments work on newer machines. This is the ruffler.

Saturday I took a business-related class and did some shopping. There was even a little celebrity sighting ... more on that tomorrow.


No comments: