Thursday, June 24, 2010

BEST GIFT ... BEST CONCERT

First album I ever bought ...
Played it to death. I knew (ok - to be honest, I still KNOW) all the words to all the songs. I loved it and her. What's not to love - she was barefoot and had a cat!

Second album I ever bought was a James Taylor one.

Many months ago, my Cute Husband bought (as a surprise) tickets to the Carole King/James Taylor Troubadour Reunion Concert.

All I can say is ... WOW!
We had such a good time. And I knew all the words to all the songs that they sang. What a pair ... friends for 40 years and still making beautiful music.
She wasn't barefoot. She was wearing spikey high heels and jumping and running around the stage like someone 1/2 her age ... what energy! Even with the heels, Carole is a little bitty thing next to JT.
Double Extra Husband Points on this one!!

2 comments:

Sequana said...

To this day, when I hear that first rhythm sound to "I Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet." I just start boppin' around and smiling.

Some of the Golden Oldies stations still play her music - but that is my most fave one.

Sheila said...

You are one lucky lady. My husband and I have watched the concert a couple of times on PBS. I have never seen Carol King in concert, but have seen JT a couple of times, he's always terrific. Sheila