Friday, June 25, 2010

FRIDAY FINISH

The Minneapolis Tote ... my new summer bag. I am fortunate to get to do pattern testing for my friend Dawn, of Spring Water Designs and this is her newest pattern. You really should go and see her version in repro fabrics - it looks really different.
It's a great size with an unexpected zippered pocket on the bag. Her approach to putting the pieces together is very different from other totes and her directions - clear and precise. I gave my bag a little "purse jewlery" just because.
I also finished my May block for the Elsie Campbell BOM, Love Knows No Sesason.
Helping my mom move and get settled into a new condo has really cut into my sewing time. It felt so good to spend the day yesterday in my "dungeon" surrounded by fabric and thread, singing along (again) to the Troubadour CD. My idea of heaven!


9 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I like the shape of this bag and it looks sturdy! Pretty applique:)

Larri said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Kristen said...

I love these blocks. Your applique looks great! I can't wait to see them all together!

Paulette said...

I'm loving those little snail's trail blocks! Very cute bag!

Michelle said...

Wonderful bag! Love the little snail trail blocks.

And your applique block is just stunning!

Miri said...

Beautiful iris block!

Great bag!

Dawn said...

Mary I love the fabrics you used for your bag!! Thanks again for all of your help :)

Carla said...

You can never go wrong with purse Jewelry. Love the style and the fabrics you used. I so need to make myself another bag.

Dayna said...

Ooooooo! I love that tote!