Thursday, February 18, 2010

ONE PATTERN, DIFFERENT LOOKS

One of the projects I worked on last weekend on my retreat was this 9-patch/snowball quilt. It started with a bundle of shirtings that my sister (Goofy 1) picked out. Obviously (to a quilter), I couldn't just make a quilt from shirtings - it would be a little bland, even if the shirtings were beautiful ... and they are. So ... Goofy 1 said, "make it bright and happy. I love purple and my bedroom curtains have little blue flowers." I think this quilt will certainly fit that request. I still need to add a border of some sort. This quilt will be her Christmas present so I have lots of time. This project was started in early December 2009. Three of my sewing buddies and I decided to make the same quilt. Teresa (blue/yellow) and Tara (green/brown) have finished their quilts. Cappy (brights/brown) has her top all done and mine still needs a border.

What a difference the fabric can make ... same pattern, very different quilts. I just love sewing with friends!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Isn't it amazing how one pattern can look so different using different fabrics. These all turned out gorgeous.