Sunday, August 15, 2021

Busy Being DONE!

 Summer around here is usually a busy time with family. I guess LOTS of people are busy with family in the summertime. Kid#2 is a school teacher so she's off in June and July which means the Best Grandie is home from childcare AND Kid#1 and the youngest of her kids - another Best Grandie come and visit.

There's been beach and pool and zoo and walking and cooking and kayaking with grands and great-grands and then a teeny bit of sewing.








By August 2nd ... everything fell back into normal mode and I went back into the sewing room!
FINISHES ...
Curiosity Quilted the Cat - a BOM from 2018 (maybe 2017?) from Little Red Hen Mysteries.


Boston Uncommon - a bit of a mail-fail but someday there may be a need for a king-size quilt.


365 Challenge - this took longer than a year and I quit after 6 months! Thankful for borders.


Pat Speth (the Nickel Quilt Lady) offered a free pattern on Facebook - North Star. Used up lots of homespun.


M&M Sew Charming design - Solstice Star.


I backed Solstice Star with another M&M Challenge (from last year) - Sun and Moon.


In between ALL of that - there's been knitting, always knitting - it's my go-to for evening TV watching, unless I'm napping. It's now mid-August, I completed 5 languishing quilt projects and feel so accomplished. There are a few more hanging around and I'm getting the urge to start something new. The sewing room is in great shape. There's a wool BOM project that needs some love and I have enough novelty charms for an "I Spy" quilt. 

Life is never boring.




No comments: