Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Post Toddler-Time

 hmmm ... not sure about this title. Is an adventurous 2.5 year old still considered a "toddler?" She's fully potty trained and constantly says, "I do it, myself." This is usually followed with, "I did it!"  Toddler/tiny human/best grandie ... I guess the label isn't as important as the joy of spending time together.

She loves "Happy Cake" ... any cake with frosting. When she was little (yes, she still is), birthday cake, Happy Birthday and cupcake all got squished together into what we all now call - HAPPY CAKE!


Unfortunately, I did discover that Amelia was really very afraid of the LOUD airplanes flying overhead. Melbourne hosted an airshow a couple of week ago and the Navy's elite flying team: The Blue Angels were here. Wouldn't you know - they flew (a lot) right over our house. It would have been fun to watch but we needed to "hide under the pillows."


Sew, when I'm not busy being a Grammy, I am still sewing and knitting. I'm working on a new quilt. As usual - it's all parts and pieces found in my sewing room - HSTs (1/2-square triangles) and 1.5" strips. Check out the M&M Sew Charming Facebook Group - more info about this over there.


I finished knitting this cute little baby sweater. Nope ... at the time, there was no baby designated for a gift when I started (or even finished) but just this week, we found out our cousins in Denmark are expecting! How fortunate is THAT?!


I bought a new book because I like looking at pretty things. Searsport Rug Hooking is an awesome shop - well, they have an awesome on-line presence so I'm sure their shop is too.


A little sewing, a little knitting, a little reading, but mostly - having a blast being a GRAMMY!


 




No comments: