Thursday, April 8, 2021

Done and New Starts

 My 4-Posy is quilted! It still needs binding and a label.

Done (almost) is always a good feeling.


The beautiful backside turned out ... beautiful.


The center was an experiment with scrappy charms that I made back in September on a quilt retreat. It's actually not too bad in the photo. In real life ... it's a bit too scrappy. Good lesson in fabric choices. I like the pattern and will do it again but maybe not quite so scrappy.

Yesterday, Marjorie and I (M&M) taught a class at our guild's Gathering. We had 12 students. Everyone made great progress on their
Trip Around The Block.


I snagged a block from each student just to see how all the different fabrics/colors played together. This block is stitched straight and with a little rotary cutter/ruler magic ... it looks like it's on-point.


This is my sample quilt. We had hoped/planned to teach this at a guild meeting last summer.
but ... Covid!


I do love a quilt that is easy sewing and gives you a big WOW!!



 




No comments: