Saturday, February 27, 2021

It's Really GREEN

Sometime last summer I started making these blocks - I called them Sew Charming Star. 


This was an M&M Challenge: make them red, white and blue and donate them to Quilts of Valor.


 After I donated mine to our local group, I kept making them with this cute frog fabric in the center.


I used up LOTS of leftover 1/2-squares for the sashing (1.5") and then found lots of leftover 2.5" for the border. I dug into my 1.5" strips to make an inner border.

And ... the beautiful backside!


I had a donated partial panel and added in some other fun fabrics.


When I started making these blocks back in the summer, I had no plan. Now that it's finished? It's so green! I'm hanging it for March ... Happy St. Patrick's Day.  After that - I will probably donate it.


I have managed to use up a LOT of leftover 1/2-squares, both mine and from the big bag that I was gifted. Slowly but surely they have found a place in many projects. I keep generating them and LOVE them. Look closely, you can see in the outer border a few 2" squares and a couple of pinwheels. I was really in USE IT UP sewing mode.





No comments: