Monday, November 23, 2020

Thanksgiving Week

 It's a cliché and I know it but I'm doing it anyway ...

I have so much to be thankful for.

There I said it! 

Just like everyone else who posts about Gratitude and Thankfulness.

I spend my days quietly (usually), stitching and knitting, sometimes reading, occasionally walking and always mindful of the fact that I get to live my life in a safe and peaceful manner.


Little bowl fillers are my current go-to project.


They will serve a vital purpose ...
Keeping me amused while stitching,
keeping Amelia amused while playing,
keeping our house even more festive.


I can't even begin to say all the feels for this little imp. Is there a bigger word than THANKFUL? 


My heart is full.


And the knitting!
This was last Christmas's Advent set from Olive & Two Ewe.
It will become THIS years, Advent socks. I managed to finish 2019 Socks this past summer.

    

A new cast-on for Thanksgiving Day in some beautiful stash yarn.
April Showers and Sour Puss from Olive & Two Ewe.

It's an informal KAL - just a bunch of us across the country who all plan to work on the same project, or at least START the project. We'll share via Messenger our progress in-between the turkey, football, nap, chasing toddler kind of day.


My "Knit a Sweater in November" project. I started late and have managed remarkable progress.  It just might be my Christmas outfit...maybe.


My Cute Husband is off doing errands this morning - post office to mail a couple of Christmas gift quilts, the grocery store for a few Thanksgiving items - I'm in charge of PIE, and Walmart to return some not-needed socks - he's still working on the packages of socks from 3 years ago.
OK ... to be fair (to me) ... he used to go through LOTS of socks. They were the standard "gift from the cat" every Christmas. I had NO idea that since moving to Florida, he's still working on the package of socks from 2017. 
This is where I will NOT tell you how many combs he has in the supply drawer. I really need some stocking stuffer ideas.

Enough ramble!
I am headed into my sewing room for some creative time.









No comments: